* Mopar-powered Tony Schumacher qualifies in No. 1 spot in Top Fuel for 81st time in his career
* Mopar power three-for-three in Top Fuel qualifying in 2017
* Five Dodge Charger R/T Funny Cars qualify for 16-car field
* Leah Pritchett defeats Papa John's Pizza founder and CEO John Schnatter in Charity Challenge match race
* Eileen Daniels presented with Pat Garlits Award at International Drag Racing Hall of Fame induction
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Tony Schumacher secured the Top Fuel No. 1 qualifier Saturday at the 48th annual Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals at Gainesville Raceway.
NHRA has done a lot of really stupid things over the years but asking three-time world champion Larry Dixon to remove a sponsor sticker because it promoted an event at a non-NHRA track is pretty damn asinine.
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Steven Jackson held on for his first career No. 1 qualifying position in the NHRA J&A Service Pro Mod Drag Racing Series portion of the Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals at Gainesville Raceway.
After two days of qualifying and sportsman time trials, the weather is finally reaching Florida quality and the performances are showing.